The River State Government has approved the employment process of Teachers into Secondary Schools in the State. All interested candidates are hereby informed to follow the guidelines as stated in this article.
River State is one of the thirty-six (36) states in Nigeria, located in the South-South geopolitical region of the country.
Rivers state has twenty-three Local Government Areas (LGAs); towns, wards, and districts located within the state.
In pursuant to the approval by His Excellency Executive Governor of Rivers State Chief Barr. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike CON,GSSRS,POS Africa, Life Bencher, for
employment into the Rivers State Civil Service.
Rivers State Senior Secondary Schools Board (RSSSSB) invites applications from
suitably qualified candidates to fill teaching positions in the Senior Secondary Schools in Rivers State.
Candidates shall be no less than 18 years and no more than 50 years old at the time of this application.
Candidates shall have demonstrable skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Power
Point, Excel and the internet.
Candidates shall possess a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Education: – B.Ed,
B.A (Ed), B.Sc (Ed), B.Tech (Ed), or PGDE and M.Ed.
A teaching license certified by the Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria
(TRCN) shall be an added advantage.
Candidates shall demonstrate capacity in written and spoken communication in
Recruitment of candidates shall be through computer based test and interview to determine competence in pedagogical, psychosocial and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Candidates shall apply online via the Board’s official portal www.rssssb.org with the following attachments:
- Application letter, typewritten and signed by the applicant.
- Recent coloured passport photograph (not older than six (6) months) on a white background.
- Birth certificate or affidavit of birth (recently sworn age declarations are liable to be rejected).
- ALL educational certificates from First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC), Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE), and Senior School Certificates to the highest degree attained by candidate.
- Professional licenses and certificates i.e. TRCN etc.
- Local Government Identification Certificate.
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate where applicable.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae with names, designations, telephone numbers and email addresses of two referees.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted via email.
- All applications MUST be submitted on or before Friday, 21st April, 2023 and application letter addressed to:
The Chairman Rivers State Senior Secondary Schools Board, #4-6 Emekuku Street, D-Line, Port Harcourt. Solomon, Emily Dianase Ph.D .JP HOA/Acting Chairman