The University of Jos, UNIJOS has published online the Post UTME Screening guidelines, Cut-off Mark and screening date for 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 academic sessions. UNIJOS Post UTME Screening will commence from 10th April 2023.
University of Jos, UNIJOS Senate has approved that all qualified candidates who applied for admission into the University in the 2021 and 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by Joint Admissions Matriculation Board (JAMB) should be screened.
The UTME/DE candidates must have subscribed for University of Jos as their First Choice and scored not less than the Institutional cut-off marks and the differential cut-off marks as presented for various Faculties/Programmes as stated below:
UNIJOS Departmental Cut-off Mark
The University of Jos, UNIJOS has released the departmental Cut-off Mark for interested candidates. Candidates are urged to choose based on their performances.
|S/N||INSTITUTIONAL CUT – OF – MARKS||2021 CUT – OFF MARK 170||2022 CUT – OFF MARK 180|
|COURSES IN THE FACULTIES||CUT-OFF POINT 2021||CUT-OFF POINT 2022|
|1.||Faculty of Agriculturea. Agricultural Science||170||180|
|2.||Faculty of Arts|
Theatre and Film Arts
All other Programmes
|3.||Faculty of Basic Medical Sciencesa. Biochemistry||190||200|
|4.||Faculty of Clinical Sciencesa. Medicine and Surgery||230||240|
|5.||Faculty of Dental Sciencesa. Dentistry||220||230|
|6.||Faculty of Educationa. All Programmes||170||180|
|7.||Faculty of Engineering|
a. Civil Engineering
b. Electrical Electronics Engineering
c. Mechanical Engineering
d. Mining Engineering
|8.||Faculty of Environmental Sciences|
b. All other Programmes
|9.||Faculty of Health Science and Technology|
a. Nursing Sciences
b. Medical Laboratory Science
|10.||Faculty of Lawa. Law||220||230|
|11.||Faculty of Management Sciences|
b. Business Administration
c. All other Programmes
|12.||Faculty of Natural Sciences|
Science Laboratory Technology
All other Programmes
|13.||Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciencesa. Pharmacy||220||230|
|14.||Faculty of Social Sciences|
d. All other Programmes
|15.||Faculty of Veterinary Medicine|
a. Veterinary Medicine
How to Apply for UNIJOS Post UTME
All candidates are required to:
- Visit the Unijos portal: portal.unijos.edu.ng
- Click on FORM APPLICATION
- Click on 2021 OR 2022 UTME/DE SCREENING
- Enter the Candidates JAMB Registration Number and click Get Started
- Candidates will be required to provide the following:
- Contact Phone Number (Self or relatives).
- Email (Please provide active personalised email not that of relatives or friends).
- Password (Please provide an easy to remember word or number).
- Confirm Password and click the ‘sign up’ button.
- An Email message will be sent to the candidate’s Email account. Candidates should check the University mail and click the confirmation link after which the system will display an acknowledgement page confirming the account and a link to the portal login.
- At the login page, https://portal.unijos.edu.ng/Account/Login, Candidates are required to enter their email and password provided in step 5. The system takes every candidate to their personalised dashboard.
- To effect payment, Candidates are required to process all payments from their dashboard only. Click on the button ‘Pay Screening Charges’ and select the preferred payment option or channel (ATM Card, Bank Branch, Internet Banking) then follow the instructions or prompts. (NB: for Bank branch payment, candidates may need to redo steps 7)
- Upon Successful payment, all candidates are to enter five relevant O level subjects, their grades and exam body and Click Upload. Note: Editing of results will not be allowed once post-JAMB screening is closed.
- Print the Screening Registration Slip, Log out and await further communication from the University
The Online registration portal for the screening will be open with effect from 10th April 2023, until further notice.
NOTE: JAMB ‘O’ LEVEL REQUIREMENT
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has indicated that it would not clear any shortlisted candidate who does not have ‘O’ level results. All candidates are
Therefore strongly advised to visit any JAMB Office or accredited CBT centre nearest to them to upload their ‘O’ Level results (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and NBAIS) into the JAMB portal.
All candidates who do not satisfy the University screening conditions as stated above are strongly advised to change their course of choice or transfer to other Institutions. (Note that supplying false information will result to disqualification).
Candidates are allowed to use a maximum of two different ‘O’ level examination results.