TechnipFMC, a global leader in the energy industry has opened applications for interested applicants in Workshop Lead available vacancy.
Position Title : Workshop Lead
TechnipFMC is a global leader in the energy industry, specialized in subsea and surface technologies integrated projects, products, and services. Our mission and vision: to enhance the performance and drive real change in the traditional and new energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions, tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges and investing in our 20,000+ employees worldwide.
If contributing to breakthrough projects in a truly global playground inspires you, this might be the opportunity for you.
This position is a solid independent contributor able to complete work independently without direct supervision. Individuals in the role are able to solve complex issues and make modifications as needed. It is necessary for someone in this role to effectively teach and transfer subject matter to others. This position uses extensive assembly experience, advanced skills and judgment to complete any assigned assembly projects.
- Interfaces with all functional areas involved with Assembly to troubleshoot, communicate and resolve issues. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues. Direct interface with Customer Representative.
- May communicate with customer, usually with supervision, during on-site installation assembly projects.
- Works under minimal supervision. Relies on experience, judgment and advanced skills to plan and accomplish assigned goals. Resolves questions and problems in mastered sub-assemblies. Refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of less experienced employees.
- Oversees distribution of work load across the workforce whether it be service orders, load outs, sales order deliveries, receiving in components, etc.
- Ensures that we achieve 100% OTD, meet all agreed upon customer (internal and external) demands and at a Zero defects.
- Provides input to Onshore Ops Manager on technician performance, ability or of any issue that arises.
- Keeps up with lump sum and reimbursable time tracker
- Provides inputs and works with the team to implement the most effective and safest way to perform the work.
You are meant for this job if:
- Assembles and tests assemblies according to FMCTI specifications. Applies specialized skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment in area of expertise.
- Assists during assembly of components in areas of expertise. Teaches other assemblers proper techniques and procedures for mastered key sub-assemblies.
- Assists with design, sets-up, maintains and utilizes test stations and test equipment for factory and system acceptance testing.
- Troubleshoots problems, identifies and communicates design discrepancies. Identifies and suggests design improvements.
- Completes required test documentation including test reports, failed test reports and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR). Assists with FAT’s (Factory Acceptance Tests) and SIT’s (System Integration Tests).
- Cleans components after assembly according to FMCTI specifications and verbal or written instructions.
- Enters labor information into Labor Tracking System (LTS) for cost tracking purposes.
- Uses material handling equipment to move parts, components and subassemblies from one work or storage area to another as required.
- Recommends improvements to Assembly Procedures. May draft new procedures as assigned.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and keeps all employees aware of dangers in work area. Practices good housekeeping in work area.
- Reviews team requirements daily, coordinates activities and plans and coordinates overtime requirements. Ensures that labor reporting is accurate and balances with time sheets. Monitors performance, quality, safety and housekeeping and reports to Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical School certificate or National Diploma required.
- Generally 2+ years of experience in field.
- Previous experience in Subsea Drilling System required.
- Ability to comprehend all engineering and weld blueprints and written Engineering procedures.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Shop environment. Works in confined workspaces. High noise level. Works with high-pressure equipment and chemicals. Inclement weather conditions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing upward, crawling in confined workspace, walking and lifting daily
- Must have mastered all key sub-assemblies.
- Ability to use personal computer or workstation.
- Basic English written and communication skills are required.
- Must demonstrate ability to set-up testing equipment such as relief valves, pre-charge accumulators, etc.
- Ability to suggest design improvements.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to be able to troubleshoot and communicate recommended resolution to personnel in various departments.
- Ability to operate High and Low Pressure Pumps, Hydrostatic Pumps, High Torque Wrenches, Overhead Cranes, Jib Cranes, Forklifts, and Rigging. Ability to use hand tools, power tools and measuring devices such as height gauges, adjustable parallels, calipers and pressure gauges.