The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB will from 2022 introduce use of NIN for UTME registration. According to JAMB statement, no NIN, no UTME. You know what that means. This article focuses on how to get NIN to enable candidates register for 2022 UTME. Follow the guidelines as stated below to get your National Identification Number for free.
Table of Contents
What is NIN
NIN is a unique 11 digit number that is used as a valid means of establishing or verifying individual identity. National Identification Number is also used to tie all records about an individual into the National Identity Database.
Is NIN Compulsory for UTME Candidates
Without National Identification Number (NIN), candidates will not be able to register for UTME registration. Enroll as early as possible to easy your application.
NB : This is the enrolment of every Nigerian and Legal Resident from the age of 16 years and above.
Requirements to Get NIN For 2022 UTME Registration
Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
Steps to Get NIN For 2022 JAMB UTME registration
- Applicant walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document.
- Applicant will be verified to ascertain if he/she has ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
- Applicant will be issued an enrolment form to fill if he/she has not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip will be collected if the applicant had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-enrolment service.
- Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake filled on the form. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required field.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant to double check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) of the applicant will be capture subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not confer the right to National Identification Number. The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 1-5 working days, as it is subjected to availability of network, authentication and verification.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to the applicants after processing.
- The National e-ID Card will be Issued to applicant within 12months after Issuance of NIN barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Recommended – NIN Enrolment Centres Nationwide
Service Fee: ENROLMENT IS FREE
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Must Read – How to Retrieve NIN for 2022 UTME