A state-owned university, Benue State University, Markurdi (BSUM) has officially released the merit admission list of 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 academic sessions candidates.
This is to inform all candidates who applied for admission into Benue State University for the 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 merged academic session that the FIRST LIST of admissions into undergraduate programmes of the University for the 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 merged academic session as approved by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) have been released.
All candidates whose names are on the FIRST LIST are expected to have accepted their admission and printed JAMB Admission Letters on Central Admissions Processing
- Candidates are to confirm their admission status on the BSU portal by paying a non-refundable Admission Verification fee of Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) only using the e-payment procedure.
- Candidates are to pay an acceptance fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) only using the e-payment procedure.
- Successfully screened candidates should proceed to pay their User-Charges using the e-payment procedure.
- Successfully screened candidates who have paid their User-Charges should revisit the Portal, click on the login link and use their application /JAMB number as the default username and password and login to access their profile and do the following:
i. Change your default Password (8 characters with upper & lower cases, symbols and figures) ii. Fill out the pre-bio-data form and update bio-data under “my profile menu”.
iii. Click on Registration Menu to register semester courses
iv. Print out Admission acknowledgement slip, course registration and screening forms. Complete as appropriate and proceed for signing at the various places as indicated on the course registration form.
- The Guidelines on E-PAYMENT are as follows:
i. Visit www.bsum.edu.ng
ii. Click on E-PAYMENT link to open the Payment Form
iii. Select programme, Payment Category. Type in Registration Number, Select session or semester as applicable.
iv. Click on “Generate Payment Reference” to generate payment number.
v. Click on link to proceed.
A. FOR CASH PAYMENTS AT BANK:
- Before proceeding to the bank, complete and printout your Payment Reference Number slip from the e-Payment Platform from the University website/Portal and take it to the bank. On receipt of cash from you, the Bank using “College Pay” will process your transaction and generate Payment Receipt for you.
Visit any of the following Bank Branches nation-wide to make payment.
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- ECO Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
B. FOR ATM PAYMENTS: Visit any ATM machine with your ATM card and do the following:
- Select Quick teller from the ATM menu
- Select pay bills
- Fill in the Payment reference number generated from the E-Payment platform when you are requested to enter the Customer ID
- Fill in 04255101 when you are requested to enter the Payment Code
- Enter your GSM Number and complete the transaction.
After successfully completing the payment, return to the portal to login and print out your Payment Receipt.
C. FOR PAYMENT USING QUICKTELLER FROM THE INTERNET: Visit the quickteller website
www.quickteller.com/bsum to complete your transaction.
- Insert your Registration number
- Insert your email and mobile number and click “continue”
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment
- Print out the payment confirmation slip
- Return to the portal and print out a payment receipt
- Candidates are to note that checking of admission status, acceptance of admission, uploading of documents for on-line screening, payment of school fees, and course registration on the University Portal shall take place between Monday 15 th May – Friday, 2 nd June, 2023.
- Forgery of any kind will attracts automatic withdrawal of the admission offered and possible prosecution.
- Candidates whose names are not on the first list are to specifically note that the second batch of admissions is being processed for release. Some candidates have issues of not uploading their O’level/A’level result(s) on CAPS and are hereby advised to visit BSU website (www.bsum.edu.ng) as well as Academic Office to cross-check challenges associated with their admission status for resolution and subsequent release of the Second List. Candidates are by this notice advised in their interest to act without further delay.
Candidates are to note that admissions for the merged session (2021/2022 & 2022/2023) are being released in phases in line with JAMB approvals.
Consequently, the list that has been populated on the Benue State University portal so far is essentially that of the first list of 2021/2022 admission that have been approved on CAPS by JAMB.
The 2021/2022 candidates are therefore encouraged to regularly check their admission status on JAMB CAPS and the University portal. Candidate not approved and accepted on CAPS can be populated on the University portal as a matter of JAMB policy.
Those whose names are not seen on CAPS should contact the Academic Office for further directive.
Candidates and the general public are to please note that, release of admission is being done in phases.
Most importantly, the 2022/2023 JAMB approved Candidates shall be processed on the University portal in due course. Be however assured that all qualified candidates for both years of the merged session will be admitted and registered for the session by JAMB.
Many candidates are yet to respond by accepting their programme transfers thus slowing the process of their admission. These category should respond to this important and compulsory actionable obligation of theirs.
The import of this clarification is to address the seeming confusion/anxiety and attendant apprehension being expressed by candidates and parents and as well provide the necessary direction, accordingly.